Encinitas Library - Encinitas Public Library is a Homeless Shelter

I have addressed several times the homeless people who come into the library and camp out all day from open to close.Sleeping in the library, dressing in the bathroom stalls or doing laundry in the restroom sink that is not allowed and they will do nothing about it.

People bring in their dogs and they won't ask them if it is a service dog because; they say they are not legally allow to asked so you get a dog that grows at you when you walk by the owner looking for a book or a video. Service dogs are required to wear a vest saying they are a service dog. I had gone to one security office to report people sleeping after I reported to the librarian and he did nothing about it. He asked one man he knew by name if he was a wake and he got no repose because he was sleeping (See Photo).

When I got no support from the staff, I took my complaint to the administrative office of the San Diego Public Library and they did nothing about it.

In stead of cleaning the place up, they hate the truth that the public library has become a homeless and animal shelter and disrespect my 1st amendment rights having my review and photo removed off google.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Rude and unresponsive staff

Reason of review:
Homless and pet shelter during operational hours when it is a library
Review category
Periodicals & Publishing
review #790936 by
Had an experience with Encinitas Library? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 3 No 3
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 27 #1150799

Really? Maybe you should help them improve their lives instead of complaining about their existence. You're vile.

1 0 Reply

Feb 17 #1113129

I agree with the other comment down here. Leave the people be. That dog is not even paying you attention so not "growling"at anyone. Do not like it do not go there. You re so above others I am sure you can drive yourself to a different library.

5 1 Reply

Feb 22 #1116059

3 likes, no dislikes, OP obviously hasn't made it over here in time to dislike this one but just you wait until pilates class gets out

1 1 Reply

Feb 16 #1112972 Kokomo, Indiana

Wow..I sure hope you or your kids, loved ones ever have to live life like the ....if they are not hurting you, leave them be!!! It has to be a ruff life for these people..maybe you can try to hve a little empathy. .sometimes they might not have a place to go during the day as I've heard shelters have designated hours someone can be there...have some compassion, and if anything, maybe you could stop and get a coffee, a 1.00 or two hamburgers there to give them...I cn not believe people re so judgmental and so entitled..I ure hope your do not have childern or when you do, you grow up a bit to teach them some compassion

6 3 Reply

Feb 22 #1116258

Sounds like a bunch of *** liberals making their comments. This is not a shelter or pond it is a library. These people will bring down the property value and quality of life hanging out here with their dogs and sleeping here and eventually be a hood hangout and close down.

2 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.